Things that happened

Great thoughts about not so great events.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Trip goes to heck

I got a new pair of snowshoes and they are very sweet. I thought I should take them out for a test walk and see if they were worth the 190 bucks. I am driving along in search of a good spot to walk around. After a 20 min search I think I have found one. I pull over to the side of the road...which disappears and I go right into the ditch. Ok so I can make it out of this by myself right? Wrong. It just becomes worse. So I call up Tom and Eric for some help. To make sure the trip wasn't a complete bust while I waited for them I snowshoed around the area. It was pretty awesome. They get some kitty litter and shovels and got to work on getting it out. I should also say that I was off on some side road and in the three hours I was out there no one drove down it. We are slowly working the truck out of the ditch when all of the sudden we make the wrong move which only makes the situation worse again. What to do now?! The truck is way in the ditch and it is almost to the point of calling a wrecker. I call up Randy to see if Dan is around and can pull me out. So Randy starts working on that situation because no one wants me to pay the 150-200 bucks for the tow. When all of the sudden salvation in the form of a Dodge Ram diesel. We hooked them up hitch to hitch and pulled my baby right out. Next time I am going to have to be way more careful though. Thankfully this time I got her out and there was no damage to the turck or my wallet. Oh yes I broke my shovel. How sweet is that? Not very at all. I made apretty nice ditch there to eh?

4 comments:

At 12/09/2005 1:58 AM, Blogger rixak mumbled...

Yeah, I pulled my Bonneville onto a shoulder to change CDs because it seemed safe, and the ditch sucked me in. Of course, this was like 6 years ago, and I didn't learn everything from it. Don't pull into a rest area off of the freeway if it's been freezing rain for the last half hour! Ahhh. My poor truck, hehe, but taking abuse is what trucks are for.

No damage is good to hear! Glad you're alright

 
At 12/09/2005 9:12 AM, Blogger Parker mumbled...

Ya it was a smart move by my part. It was all because the plow tricked me. They must have came by with the extender plow and pushed the snow further off the road. It therefore made the ditch look like the road and in she went. Oh well thanks for calling me stupid. I did deserve it.

 
At 12/09/2005 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous mumbled...

bwahahahahaahahahahaahhaahahaha

as soon as i saw the pic of your truck i was like oh no...parker got sick and started driving on the wrong side of the road, and he didn't have anybody in the backseat going "carcarcarcarcarCARCARCAR OMG CAR" to save him!

 
At 12/09/2005 11:12 PM, Blogger Parker mumbled...

Hell yes because they are bad ass. To the max.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home