Things that happened

Great thoughts about not so great events.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Fedex owns UPS

True to my beliefs Fedex once again cleans house on UPS. This latest case just gets my going though. We all know that the iPod is sweet but has one extremely huge flaw. If you have used it for two days it looks as if you owned it for a year. The metal backing is cool and all but scratches all to hell (mine came with a nice scratch on it already). Since black is obviously cooler then white they thought they sould make the black scratch easier and better then the white. So I ordered a case for it last friday from the invisible shield people. Order was processed around three p.m. Unfortunately the only choice I had was UPS. Well here are the shipping details. First we see that they picked it up around 6 hours after confirming a delivery was going to be made. So it is in Salt Lake City and is coming my way...or so we think. From their reports to me it never actually left SLC. Then it never was recieved in Maumee but it left there. Who knows. The next question is why did it take 19 hours to leave Illinois? Seriously it was there for 19 hours! So the package gets to me today. It takes them 8 days. On Monday of this week I bought a USB 2.0 and Firewire PCI card from Newegg. I choose to ship with Fedex even though it cost me 4 more dollars. Here is the Fedex summary. As we can see all arivals and departures are accounted for, one even twice! Here is the next thing. It got here in TWO days! It got here in 6 less days from a city further away (L.A.). So while I have been waiting and waiting for the iPod case I got a new PCI card which is nice. I can see why UPS is cheaper but I can see why I hate to ship with them unless I have to. Fedex delivers on time and quickly. Now to hit you with the kicker. My iPod was order about an hour before my case and was also shipped last friday. But hmmm when do you think it got here from L.A.?? Monday! that is right it took three days AND they dilvered on MLK Day. Lastly Fedex has better logos and trucks. All around victory for Fedex on this one.

5 comments:

At 1/22/2006 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous mumbled...

oh course you like pie wiht chips. i mean its pie with chips for free!

 
At 1/22/2006 11:44 AM, Blogger Parker mumbled...

What? Pie with chips??

 
At 6/16/2008 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous mumbled...

i'm David FROM bROCKTON HOW COME NO ONE CAN striaghten out ups
the service is stink my brother
runs his own tee shirts business
he never gets his product out on time who ever owns this business
should get off there lazy ass and do tell me the truth if fedx owns
company which i don't think they do
now if they do striagthen out the
problem stop sitting with your hands up your ass and do something
or someday you will be out of business.

 
At 6/16/2008 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous mumbled...

lee reply if ups is this bad why is
the company still in business the owner must be stupid because the way he runs the business is poorly
one day that's going catch up with him

 
At 2/18/2013 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous mumbled...

You guys don't know shit!!!. 1. UPS is over 105 years old.makes over 30 Billion a year. We lead the nation in delivery and all others want to be line big brown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home